Thursday, March 27, 2008

Well, Finally!

Del-ton has finally "shipped" my order. I say "shipped" because their website shows that it has shipped and gives a tracking number ... that UPS doesn't have on file. I'm hoping that it's a simple case of the package being picked up but not scanned into their system yet.

I say finally because this all started back when I placed my order on February 6th, 2008. And now, 35 business days later, it ships. If you care to go back and look, that's 50 calendar days.

And all this aggravation could have been avoided if they'd just 1) Update their website to show out-of-stock items; or 2) Contact folks who have chosen out-of-stock items. Instead of just queuing the order to "backorder" with no notification beyond looking up the order details on their website.

Unless this kit is spectacularly good quality and/or they do something to make up for the delay, I think this will be the last time I order from them.

No comments: