Sunday, March 16, 2008

I Love My Family.

Well, my family's come and gone already. We ended up staying up til 11 watching Jericho on Sci-Fi. I've recently gotten into watching it and there was a marathon on Friday night. Mom and Dad actually seem interested in the story. Sis fell asleep. She was tired and a little cranky that the folks had her drive on the way down.

We had a lazy start to the day Saturday. Mom got up around 7 or so and made breakfast. After that we went running around and I got to see the booming metropolis (/sarcasm) of Greenbrier for the first time. We saw a small shop that advertised rabbits, ducks, and colored chicks. That managed to send my sis on a "little friend" kick. She kept telling the folks she needed a bunny to cuddle since her roommate moved out.

We kept an eye out for tractors for sale for Dad and small pickups for sis. After that we went back to my place and played Uno until lunch. (Do we get up to some crazy fun or what?) Actually, it was a lot of fun.

For lunch we went to a Chinese buffet that a co-worker had taken me to previously that was really good. Something must have happened between then and now, 'cause the food was not that good. It was greasy, soggy, or just plain bleh. Folks didn't care much for it either. Sis didn't seem to have an opinion.

We went back home and tried to find my waterheater. I'd complained to Dad previously that it was set too low and never made it above lukewarm. We searched the entire house and finally found it ... embedded inside the kitchen cabinet corner. There's no way to get at the thing without major effort that would likely end up leaving the cabinets looking like crap. Oh well.

Sis had insisted on a tie-breaking hand of Uno (her and me) and Mom wanted one last chance to win a hand. That hand ended up lasting over half an hour. By the time we finished, it was time for them to go. I helped them load their stuff and saw them off.

About 20 minutes later, I got a phone call from Dad. Mom had left a prescription in the fridge and they were on their way back to get it. I headed out and met them about half-way. We said 'bye again and went our separate ways.

I love my family.

No comments: