Friday, March 14, 2008

... Like A Chicken With My Head Cut Off

D came over after work today. We ran around town hitting the Whole Hog, Home Depot, and a local outdoor retailer. We went back to my house and swapped out the safety on my 870 to the old style without the J-lock. It's much more positive than the stock safety. I also received the springs I ordered for my 1911.

D showed me how to remove the magazine catch from the frame. Unfortunately, after getting the trigger in, I managed to bugger up the brand new screw head on the magazine catch by getting in too much of a hurry to look at the layout carefully. Now the mag catch is in but I don't know if I'll be able to get it out without destroying the screw completely. And the catch is very rough. It tends to stick in the half engaged position.

I've decided I'm going to have to check out a guide to reassembling the 1911 before continuing further. I'd hate to screw up another part.

***

My parents and sister will be coming in tonight around 8pm or so. They'll only be able to stay until tomorrow due to my sister's boss messing up her schedule and her having to work on Sunday morning. But it'll be good to see them.

***

Del-ton's website showed my order as "Payment Declined". I kinda freaked out and immediately called them to find out what was going on. It turns out that if an order takes longer than 30 days in their system, it automatically declines the payment. The lady I spoke to (didn't catch her name, she said it too quickly to make out) told me that she'd run the card manually and everything was fine. She said that the kit had gone to the shop and should ship on Monday. So, I should be in business before the end of next week!

No comments: