Monday, April 7, 2008

Work and Friends (and Friends' Work)

R came down for a visit with D and me this past Sunday. Seems he's been getting fed up with his employers shenanigans and is looking for a change of venue. D has spoken with his boss who appears to be thrilled at the thought of another experienced engineer he can hire. D and I are both looking forward to having R around more often.

And speaking of work, my company has recently had a gentleman leave to pursue other opportunities. His position will likely be filled from in-house which will leave a(nother) vacancy within the company. I was told by my boss not to be surprised if I was offered a permanent position. The downside is that it'd be in manufacturing instead of R&D. Meaning I'd be back doing the same-old same-old I was attempting to get away from. And I would no longer be working under my current boss (a not good but not bad thing).

There are definitely some good possibilities floating around in the near future. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: