Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More AR-15 Goodness

Well, I did it. I took the plunge. I ordered the Del-Ton lightweight AR kit with Magpul CTR and A2 upper receiver. All told it set me back $554.41 with shipping. I now need to get myself a stripped lower receiver. As stated before, I'm looking seriously at Anvil Arms. They have a sale right now for stripped lowers for $100. They also throw in free laser engraving on the starboard side of the magwell.

I'm trying to decide what I'd like to have put on mine. I'm tempted to go with a simple Molon Labe. I'd also like to have a bear's claw scraping across the anodizing. I might do a combo of those. I've also considered using Psalm 144:1 "Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight. " I've also thought about having "Armo Mechanicus" engraved in script. Maybe with an AR crossed against something particularly geeky, like maybe a slide rule or something.

Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments: