Saturday, July 17, 2010

I have no self-control. None.

Swung by one of the local funstores yesterday with a coworker to take a look at some of the 1911s they had. I've been thinking lately about getting back into 1911s to some extent. Ever since I saw the magwell funnel on one of my buddies' 1911s, I've wondered if the extra length on the grip would make the feel more along the lines I prefer. Currently, I'm thinking of going with a Kimber Custom II with a Wilson Combat magwell.

While we were there, I happened to see a rather familiar-looking outline on the wall. They had, in stock, a Marlin 1895GBL which I have been looking for for almost 6 months now. The price was comparable to any I'd found online (after shipping). After hearing about the shutdown of the original Marlin factory and the dissemination of its tooling to various Remington factories, it was very difficult to hand the rifle back to the salesman.

So difficult, in fact, that I broke down today and went back to purchase it. I'm now in the market for some 45-70 ammo. I'm actually trying to decide what kind of ammo I need. Normally, my firearms are more of the anti-personnel variety. As this is something more of a fun gun, I don't know if I need to get soft points, hard-cast, FMJ, or HPs. Guess I should just see what's available and go from there...

No comments: