Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Put Up or Shut Up

Well, if the one-eyed monster can be believed, it appears that Barack Obama will be the next president of these United States. Much as I'd like to comment on this event, I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

"Why," you may ask? Because I didn't vote. Or perhaps I should amend that. I was unable to vote. I submitted my change of address form near the end of the deadline for this election and apparently that form was lost in the mail. I was thus unable to vote in my old county as my photo ID shows my new address in my new county.

But just because I won't comment on the results doesn't mean you shouldn't. If you're reading this, by all means, share your thoughts on the matter.

I will say that I pray the good Lord that He will aid Mr. Obama in the leadership of our nation. It's a tough job that may well be tougher for Mr. Obama due to his race. I certainly don't envy him.

1 comment:

Brian Junyor said...

I voted for Bob Barr, but I am not too upset about the results. I figured Senator Obama would carry the vote this time. Folks are tired of Bush...I am tired of Bush...so very tired of Bush.

I, like you, hope that President Obama will be a force for positive change.

I have other thoughts on the matter, but am to tired to voice them in a cogent manner.