Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Burris AR-332 Prism Sight

Burris has announced a 3x Prism sight intended specifically for the AR-15 series of rifles. It's unclear to me whether this is a red-dot style sight or if the reticle can simply be illuminated (the latter is the direction I'm hoping they go). The reticle is a "donut"-style with .223 bullet drop compensator built in. The base appears to be interchangeable for carry handle or picatinny mounting. There are also picatinny rails built into the scope body itself. I'm not sure what they're supposed to be used for since this is being marketed as a CQ-style optic but I'm sure someone will find something to bolt on there.

SWFA is currently offering these on their website (obviously a pre-order) for $209.95. At that price, I may just have to try one.

ETA: Based on a mini-review I read from a SHOT Show attendee, the reticle is indeed of the illuminated variety rather than a red-dot style. *Happy Dance!*

No comments: